Having a bad day? People will tell you that starting your day right sets the tone for the rest of the day. They may even direct you to books and articles that will explain in simple steps how to start your day properly. What some of those “experts” fail to emphasize, though, is that having a productive day primarily depends on you having a good breakfast.
Making time to have a nutritious breakfast is essential to your physical and emotional well-being. Whether you cater to a whole family or are living alone, you should always prioritize breakfast. If preparing breakfast every day seems like a daunting task, find a breakfast diner nearby that provides various healthy breakfast options
Here are some ways you can be intentional about starting your day the right way
Easy Steps To Starting Your Day Right
Normally the way you start your day will set the tone for the rest of the day. Changing your attitude and cultivating these easy habits, will ensure that you never “get out of the wrong side of the bed” again
Prepare For The Day The Night Before
Getting a good night’s sleep is vital to starting the next day well. Here are some tips to help you get a good night’s sleep:
- Keep your sleeping area sacred. It must be the place to go and relax. If possible, decorate it with decor and colors that relax you, and try not to do anything stressful in the bedroom. (like work)
- Go to bed when you are tired. Going to bed too early and tossing around all night is not conducive to a good night’s rest.
- Studies show that watching television or being on your mobile phone just before going to sleep disrupts the natural sleep pattern. Try to switch off the television/mobile at least one hour before you go to sleep
Do Not Reach For Your Mobile Phone
Detach yourself from your phone for the first hour of the day. Do not start the day in a reactive/defensive state. World news, people’s requests or complaints, and social media posts can wait an hour for your attention
Drink A Glass Of Water
We naturally wake up a little dehydrated. Drinking a glass of water kick-starts your metabolism and gets you up and mobile
Have A Good Breakfast
Most important of all, don’t skip a good breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped. It is the source of energy that you will need for the day. Other reasons not to skip breakfast include:
- It decreases the risk of developing diabetes and heart disease long term
- If you starve yourself in the morning, you are more likely to binge eat unhealthy substitutes throughout the day.
- It improves concentration. Adults and children alike appear to be able to concentrate for longer periods if they start the day with a healthy, nutritious breakfast.
If you cannot face eating first thing in the morning, try the following:
- Pack a breakfast that you can eat at work and eat some fruit before you leave home. Your breakfast menu should include any combination of:
- Lean meat
- Wholegrain cereals
- Natural yogurt
Starting Your Day The Right Way At Nelson’s Breakfast Diner
At Nelson’s Breakfast Diner, we understand that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s for that reason that we have done our best to eliminate any excuses you could have for skipping breakfast by opening early and having an online ordering service.
We are open 6 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday, and 7 am to 9 pm on Saturdays and Sundays and can deliver a full breakfast right to your door.
Give us a call at 954-785-3646 and see for yourself why our fabulous food and excellent service have earned us a spot in the hearts of local Pompano Beach diners since 2009.